Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Drumming


I've been drumming now for 17 years. For the first 10 or so, I would practice for hours a day. I would practice working on technique, time consistency, skill, dynamics, speed, incorporating my drum line skills onto the drum set, and more. Something else that I would do to practice and to expand my horizons with my instrument was to play along with CD's; rock, rap, Christian, country, punk, slow songs, fast songs, jazz, anything that I had. I would listen and listen to the drummer, trying to pick up his/her technique, dynamics, virtually everything I could. My goal would be to play that particular song just as the recording drummer did. This video reminds me somewhat of myself.


Ex-Girlfriend from Chris 'The Falcon' Han on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Covenant Assembly of God said...

well you said nobody reads your blog...and maybe nobody still does. I didn't. Just wanted to post a comment.