Sunday, February 15, 2009

Monday, Monday



While going through school my professors, including my dad (my favorite professor), would warn all those going through their classes that a day off is very important in life. Whatever your profession is, this rings true. To be successful, maintain a long career, and a healthy lifestyle, it's important to re-charge our batteries every week. For myself, Monday is my day off. I've been trying hard to re-adjust my day off to NOT include chores; it's just not my cup of tea. On the other hand, I haven't been too successful in accomplishing this goal. So what do my Monday's generally look like? Sleep 'til 8am or 9, take a shower, and from then on it varies depending on the week, weather, etc. Most generally my day off will include something that gets my mind off the grind of life, builds a greater relationship with my wife, and most importantly focuses on worship towards God (God calls us to live a lifestyle of worship to him...by the way).

Being in Ministry, it's very important to me to have this time to allow God to pour into my life. I, like everyone else, needs not only the physical and mental re-charging, but the spiritual re-charging as well.

So when is your day off? Whenever that is, don't feel guilty about enjoying it to the fullest. If you don't have one, then I strongly encourage you to make some re-adjustments. I hope that whoever you are, and wherever you are, may even take a moment of that time to seek God's perfect plan for your life. "[...] I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for" (Jeremiah 29:11, The Message).

Oh, and the picture above is from the classic movie, Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I'm sure we could all pick out something good to take from this movie. And if not, then at least we'll enjoy a good laugh.

1 comment:

Kaylabre said...

good advise!! and i love the pic! that movie is auh-mazing